Monday, October 9, 2017

The Hunted (2014)

this was in with the Bigfoot movies, but although I am still confused here at the end, I think it was actually a ghost story...
"A West, by God, Virginia, tree hugger."
"What the hell was that?"
"Just listen."
"Holy shit!"
"Listen."
"Sounds like a woman screaming her damn head off."
"All my years of hunting I never heard that before."
you lost your knife. find it the next morning jammed in the tree by your stand. someone loosened up the stand ladder, you took a fall, coulda broke your neck. someone trashed the 4x4. the keys are gone. those ghastly screams again....flares of light.... where the hell is the trail cam? 30 feet from the tree. Crazy dude keeps warning them not to go down there. Jessi tells them a ghost story about an abused wife who locked her husband in the cabin and sat it on fire, when the townspeople came to save him, she shot them, then went to the river and shot herself. there at the old Prudy place where that chimney stands in the middle of the field.
"Why do you have a hair up your ass about him?" (this made me chuckle, I can just hear my dad saying it!)
"I hope you're smiling, you fucking pricks, 'cause you're on camera!
"We're gonna walk down the road, we're gonna walk out of here. Ok?"
rustling.
while this seems like a good plan, man, it just never is. 'cause Stevie is gonna freak and run. and then you're separated. and he won't answer when you call. then the camera records something unseen dragging him off screen. wtf?
"I can't find Stevie. I can't find him."
hey, wait. is that flashlight Stevie? wait, he's calling your name, Jake! omg Jake, don't you wade into the river. you have a wife and kids, man. now something is pulling you down. lights flashing everywhere. are they going to ever even find your bodies?
I think the moral here is: don't go off in the woods to make a damn hunting show. don't do it. you know what happened to Stevie and Jake...

No comments:

Post a Comment